> ZLuC 2016 Boston > Workshops and Presentation Proposals
Let’s all jot down our ideas for things we want to discuss/share/learn during the ‘business’ side of the (un)conference. Then when we all get together the day of we can start with all of these awesome ideas.
Capital C catalogers: 375 and 386 fields. 150s, too.
- zine librarians email list code of conduct
- code of ethics review–anything to add?
- zine librarians interactions with each other
- donor relations — may be code of ethics
- Simmons Library tour
- zine union catalog report back to the group + Q&A + feedback/discussion
- zine genre terms
- zine subject thesaurus
- tech supporting ZineLib web projects
ZineWiki needs some major DB help
- zinelibraries.info? (may be ok, may want new/more admins?)
- Proposed GitHub space
- cataloging: description and access
- enhancing subject access
- describing technique and form/binding
- Internet Archive/Solidarity project
- Papercut Library discussion on running a zine library and disaster planning
- discussion/brainstorming of opportunities & challenges around potential zine hub for the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA)
- metadata mapping + ethics
- Getting started with a collection (starting a new collection and taking over an existing one)
- teaching with zines as primary sources (paper + digital/online)
- sample projects/assignments?
- sharing resources with each other?