Faciliator: Kelly M
Attending: AndrÃ©, April, Ella, Jenna, Kelly, Kelsey, Matthew, Milo, Ziba
I. Icebreaker: What’s something you’re looking forward to?
II. Reviewing the feedback from attendees — what stands out? Anything that requires immediate attention?
- observation that time zones were confusing (time zones are confusing)
- people wanted it to be a more traditional conference, not an unconference
- screenshots permissions should have been sought: write into braver spaces text going forward
- community care policy was appreciated
- people were stoked about the event, got a lot of good feedback, especially the international element
- unconference unclear to some attendees (and organizers?)
- should we extend the event
- Ziba apologizes about the screenshots
- host regional conferences to decrease time zone confusion
- more non-English language sessions
- maybe just share in UTC and let people figure the time out for themselves
- would also like an extended/less intense schedule
- look forward to seeing how to continue to sustain the community
III. What comes next for us? ZineWiki isn’t ready for an edit-a-thon, is there another event bubbling up? How do we want to proceed as a group of organizers?
- people with the energy should go ahead and schedule
- topic-based regualr meet ups
- grab a partner holding one or more different identites or nationalities for coordinating events (maybe not mandatory)
- make a zine about coordinating this event: describe and document (Jenna sharing a spreadsheet from a similar project) ACTION: Ella and Jenna will coordinate
- [discord questions and learning discussion: suggest that you pop out your video and read the channel)
- Matthew: would like to do wiki editing, will organize
- zine ethics conversation: needs to be revived, re: social media, digitization, take down requests AndrÃ© can take on the whipping role
- make sure others feel empowered to use the infrastructure elements (zinelibraries.info, discord, zine librarians email list, etc.)
- reach out to presenters. Can coordinators of each session contact to their panelists, tour guides to sustain contact?
- great way to organize is to shout out ideas and see who’s interested and proceed–as a way to model that anyone can make something happen
- DONE: Matthew will look into giving additional permissions to participants, to create channels, for example. Everyone can now add channels to “Ongoing Projects”!
- Kelly will check in sometime in late January about another open session/progress report
- What’s going on with documentation? Who gets the documentation?
IV. Kudos — time to share some gratitude for one another
- Lilith for organizing international events
- Lilith for organizing in general
- Ziba for attending every panel, for social media work
- people who presented as well as organized (e.g., lightning talks)
- everyone for creating a welcoming atmosphere
- everyone for fortitude when we all have a lot of other shit going on
- Milo for all their graphics
- Kelsey for lightning talk and technology struggles and keeping cool
- Jenna for facilitating so many sessions
- Matthew for technical support and this discord
- april for lightning talk and promo and being cool, especially the last few days when things were intense
- Kelly and Jenna: nudges and offers of support, facilitating meetings
- Jenna: lightning talk
- Ziba: attending all the events and social media
- Matthew: Discord channel and tech support
- Ella: help with programming stuff
- AndrÃ© and Jenna: thanks for tech rescues
- Lilith for an incredible amount of work
- Milo for graphics
- I LOVE YOU ALL CAN’T WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN
- DITTO to all that’s been said
- this group feels different. It takes a lot to want to spend a Saturday afternoon online. Everyone helped move something along at some point. How everyone shows up.
- programmers, structure and content were great
- Kelsey’s programming
- Warm fuzziness all around!