Interested in hosting the next ZL(u)C* in 2014? The Deciderer Committee needs some more information to do the decidering. Although all of these areas are important, be aware that inexpensive housing, easy access from other cities, and collaboration are among our top priorities.
Please answer the following questions (below the fold) and email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org by
January 30, February 9, 2014. We hope to announce the next host by mid-February.
*The Â Zine Librarian (un)Conference. You can see the proceedings of previous ZL(u)Cs here.
SO, you want to host the next ZL(u)C in 2014? Awesome!!! Â The ZL(u)C DecidererÂ Committee needs some more info before we can proceed with our deciding duties.Â Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability. Â Remember, your answers can change THE FUTURE!
1) Your name and email address
2) The city which you represent
3) The number of co-Âorganizers you have (or think you might have) working on this
4) The place you think could host a 2 day unconference
5) Does it have: Â (check + discuss all that apply)
- Large meeting room
- 2-3 smaller â€œbreak outâ€ rooms for simultaneous discussions
- White boards
- Publicly accessible WiFi
- Digital projector to attach a laptop to
- Able to bring food and coffee in
6) Is it (check + discuss all that apply)
- differentlyÂ-abled accessable
- close to public transit
- near restaurants, cafes, markets, etc.
- near green spaces (a park, maybe?)
Housing + City Info
7) Â What are the options for affordable ($20Â50/night) housing (check + discuss all thatÂ apply)
- Hotel w/conference rate
- Home stays (with or without pets)
8) How close is the housing to the venue?
9) Is there mass transit? Â If so, what is the average cost per trip?
10) How accessible is the housing from major transportation hubs (Airport, Train, BusÂ stations) and what is the average cost of getting from the hubs to housing and/or venue.
After Five City Info
11) Are there places to gather after the (un)Conference to socialize that are close toÂ venue and/or housing?
12) Are there places that (check allâ€¦ you know the rest)
- have good beer selections
- have good cocktails
- have yummy food
- have vegan
- have vegetarian options(LactoOvo)
- can seat 10Â-15 fairly easilyÂ without notice?
13) Museums, Shows, Galleries? Â Other cultural things to do?
14) This probably should Â be under â€œvenueâ€, but does the hosting institution have a zineÂ collection? Can ZL(u)C attendees get a tour? Â Also to think about: Â Are there any serviceÂ projects that a bunch of zine librarians can help with in regard to said collection?
Thanks for answering these questions! Â The Deciderer Committee will compare yourÂ answers to those of other potential ZL(u)C hosts and let everyone know soon where thenÂ next ZL(u)C will be.