- where to position/organize zinesters
- how to be fair to peopleâ€™s preferences while being inclusive
- how to organize zinesters/assigning space
- Choose your own price system (sliding scale); tiered pricing
- assigned or selected by zinesters?
- getting folks to arrive on time
- quiet space
- community standards statement/code of conduct
- disconnect between ideology and issues
- staff/volunteers easily identifiable
- training organizers in conflict mediation
Social Media Presence
- accountability and mediation
- censoring negative/toxic posts?
How to maintain anti-oppressive space at events
- -safer space for POC
- -dealing with disruptions
Potential for tokenization when trying to recruit/assemble planning crew
- partnering with other groups and reaching out to other collectives
- raising funds to pay volunteers/staff/collaborators for expertise
- color coding nametags to opt out of photographs
- when/how to ask attendees about their preferences
- no photo zones
- age appropriate photography policies
- waiver forms
- photo booths allow attendees more control over photography at event; enthusiastic consent!
- folks taking pictures of merch, zines, etc without creator consent (how to manage this?)
Cool, extra things and programming ideas!
- people tabling with different types of non-zine art and media
- 75% zines policy
- interactive activities
- Zine week activities leading into zine fest
- also events for kids (zine reading, etc)
- post zine fest brunch
- archive crawl/passport to encourage folks to visit local resources
- accessibility/space restrictions
- screenprinting posters, bags, etc (also free promo!)
- Zine bingo!
Zine Event Organizers Yahoo Group/Facebook group
Email Jenna to update if you think of more ideas!!!!